Blog Directory - OnToplist.com "There's no such thing as adults. We're all just kids trying to grow into life."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day

This year will be my grandmother's 20th death anniversary. She put up a strong fight against breast cancer, but unfortunately wasn't able to win. In her memory, three of my family members and I have decided to participate as walkers in the 60 mile Breast Cancer 3-Day walk.
In order to participate each team member must raise $2,300. Although we know that fundraising won't be easy, we are honored to take on this challenge. My grandmother battled the challenge of breast cancer so taking on this challenge is right within our reach. The world has been battling breast cancer to find a cure since the beginning of time. Susan G. Komen has made progress towards finding a cure. Susan G. Komen discovered the BRCA genetic mutation testing and also created Tamoxifen. These two steps towards a cure are significant and prove that this organization is truly working hard to find the cure. I am honored and proud to be part of this phenomenon and appreciate any help you can offer.



Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Boston 3-Day for the Cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment