Blog Directory - OnToplist.com "There's no such thing as adults. We're all just kids trying to grow into life."

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bucket List

This is an exercise you might decide to take part in. Please feel free.

I find that many people say they want to do certain things in their lives before they die. People say this all the time, but most often it is found that they put these things off. It should seem obvious enough that these things must have some sort of meaning or importance to the person. It isn't like the list is a grocery list, but rather a list of things you would like to do in your life to most likely give you a feeling of being complete. These things don't have to be extravagant and unreachable, but can definitely be something very simple and obtainable.

Take out a piece of paper and a pen or pencil.
Take a moment to think about things you would like to do in your life before you move on to elsewhere. Remember, these things can be simple. Once you think of something write it down. These things don't have to be in any order. They are simply thing you would like to do or would like to see happen. Keep writing until you can't think of anything. You might walk away from your list and a day later think of something else you would like to add. This is perfectly fine and normal. Just keep adding to your list as new thoughts come to you.

I am still working on my bucket list. I have a few things on my list as of right now. To end this exercise and post I will share my own bucket list with you and maybe it can help to inspire your own lists.

BUCKET LIST:

  • Laugh really hard at least once a day
  • Go onto a building rooftop at night and watch a city and the stars with someone I care about
  • Sit on a deserted beach at night
  • Spend a night in Boston
  • Have a family
  • Raise awareness of the BRCA mutation
  • See Colorado
  • Always write
  • Breast Cancer 3Day
  • Travel
  • See Lil' Wayne in concert
I'm still working on my list and add to it frequently. This is an ongoing process. I have been able to do some of the things on my list already. I saw Lil' Wayne twice in concert since I made my list and I have been working on raising awareness of BRCA. I make sure that I laugh hard at least once a day as well. My point is that you don't have to put your bucket list off until you are older or until retirement. There is nothing wrong with starting this list today. You never know when your timer is running out and for that reason it is important to help yourself fulfill the feeling of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment