Blog Directory - OnToplist.com "There's no such thing as adults. We're all just kids trying to grow into life."

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Visitor by Surprise

Since I came home from school, finding a job has become a struggle. Recently, though, I had some luck. I am meeting with a woman tomorrow and might end up taking care of her 2 little girls while she is at work during the summer. Through this struggle, though, the feeling of being stressed has overlapped my life.



I have also been frustrated and discouraged when it comes to the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk I am trying to participate in. I have found it very difficult to raise the money, but, nevertheless, have no given up.

I woke up this morning and walked out into the kitchen to discover a big, black, furry, spider on the wall. It gave me the shivers. I called my mom to tell her about the spider and we talked about other things as well. Then we hung up. About three minutes later she called me back. When I answered she told me that my grandmother, Mimi, was visiting me. Since my grandmother has been in heaven since before I was born, I was a little confused by her saying this. She went on to tell me that my grandmother always used to say that when she died she was going to come back as a spider. Now I understood. I truly believe that she was visiting me and that warms me inside.

3 comments:

  1. We must ALWAYS keep our eyes open because sometimes we are given messages to understand that are right in front of us but if we are not alert, they will be missed. Just got back from the National BC Coalition Conference/Lobby Day. So awesome and someday honey, you WILL go with me. We had some time and went to the Library of Congress, which is amazing. We had time for a tour. Who knew that our tour guide would be a woman who recently lost her dear frient to BC. A connection made. We had to leave before the tour ended because of an appointment with one of our senators but she gave us her cellphone number and said we could try and hook up later to finish the tour. We were able to do this and finished our tour. We gave her a pink ribbon pin so that she will already remember that her dear friend did not die in vain and that we are out there working to see that change is needed so we can eradicate BC once and for all and that we have a voice and we WILL do everything we can to advocate for change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! How wierd Sorry I absolutely hate spiders! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am not a fan of spiders either, but when I realized that it was my grandmother telling me everything was going to be okay and work out I wasn't scared of it at all. It was actually comforting.

    ReplyDelete