Blog Directory - OnToplist.com "There's no such thing as adults. We're all just kids trying to grow into life."

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love? Definitely.


When I tested positive for the BRCA 2 genetic mutation my biggest fear was the thoughts of my love interest at that time. Although he knew about this possibility, I was still nervous.
I waited all day long to tell him my results and when I did it was great to hear his supportive response. Although I feared he would fear me and assume that I was doomed to get cancer, he supported me and told me that I shouldn't worry about people judging me for it because they are ignorant if they do. This was helpful.

I have found since, that it isn't that hard to keep someone around after you tell them about this reality. I am currently with someone different than the guy I was dating when I found out my results. I actually dated a few people in between. My boyfriend, Josh, tells me that no matter what happens he will be there for me and we will get through it. I feel that anybody who has true feelings and compassion will be supportive. Anybody who runs obviously doesn't care enough about the hardship you're faced with and doesn't realize this is out of your control.

Love can be found, even with this reality. Don't doubt the genuineness of people. They will understand and some will even wish that it was them instead of you. BRCA makes you appreciate those who care about you more than you maybe did before. It's all about not taking these kind, caring people for granted. With BRCA you will be more conscious of these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment